As a longtime Resident Evil fan I was excited to learn about Capcom including Madhouse difficulty in Resident Evil 7. Madhouse difficulty is unlocked by completing the game on any difficulty or from the very start as a pre-order bonus, and aimed at hardcore players and those looking for more of a challenge then the other difficulties offer. So what exactly are the differences on Madhouse difficulty?
We’re just a few short hours away from the first DLC release, and according to Capcom Unity, we have three new modes to check out in Banned Footage #1.
- Bedroom: Figure out how to escape from a locked room – but don’t let Marguerite Baker know you’ve been out of bed.
- Nightmare: Fend off waves of enemies and survive until morning.
- Extra Mode – Ethan Must Die: A tough-as-nails mode separate from the tapes and story of the main game. (Does not support PSVR)
Coming to PS4 on February 14 (from Capcom, with love), there is another release, Banned Footage #2, also with two more VHS scenarios.
- 21: Gamble life and limb in a deadly game run by Lucas Baker.
- Daughters: See what the Baker family was like before the tragic events of Resident Evil 7 Biohazard.
- Extra Mode – Jack’s 55th Birthday: Race against the clock and feed Jack tons of food in this comical extra game mode separate from the tapes and story of the main game. (Does not support PSVR)
Both releases will be a Playstation 4 exclusive until February 21st, when it will then be available on other platforms.
*As soon as the DLC is released, there will be an update with more detail on the first set of modes.
First off – I would like to preface this with the fact that I initially had a VERY negative opinion of the game prior to its release. I was one of those obnoxious purists that had automatically believed that the game was going to be shitty. The story actually had to be spoiled for me to decide I would give it a shot. No spoilers here, though – promise.
Resident Evil 7 will be released in most of the world today, and the rest of the world tomorrow. I will have the opportunity of getting my hands on it much later today.
At some point, I will be doing a ‘Ridiculous Review’ on it, but following my first few hours of game play will be a first impressions, and I’ll try to keep it as spoiler-free as possible.
I may or may not upload some gameplay or stream via Twitch. We’ll have to wait and see.